Thursday, September 29, 2005

Two hands

Here is a picture of my hand (the small one) nested in Papa's hand. I've been wondering what I'll really look like when I grow up. Certainly I have lots of Asian features; dark hair, round face, darker skin tone, eyelid creases. I also have some Occidental features as well; detached ear lobes, upturned nose, steel blue eyes, pointed chin. I really feel both Mama and Papa are represented. Another certainty is that I am changing. I was weighed on a kitchen scale yesterday and came in at 8lbs. 13oz. That's quite a difference from three weeks ago. Mama's milk is pretty tasty and offered frequently. I do get a big meal from Papa too (resulting from Mama's pumping efforts during the day). He gives me the "big easy" as in 4 1/2 oz of warmed breastmilk from a bottle. A quick feed from a high flow nipple, a good burp, and a new diaper sets me up for a big sleep. Ahhh.

2 comments:

zekesgrannym said...

Shanti & Ali-
This is such a wonderful idea. Thank you for taking the time to share Zeke's story and pictures with all of us. We look forward to more. Give him kisses and lovies from Grandma and Pop-Pop Keller.

Shanti said...

Thank you all for the encouragement. I hope that this site can serve its intent of keeping the family informed of Zeke's changes and milestones. I will try to keep the site updated as events happen or if I am feeling particularly inspired.