I thought to myself, "If I dress up like bear in a nice white suit, would my parents still recognize who was who?" I could be a bear for a little while, he could be the baby. I guess we got found out; must've been bacause my suit has a ducky, a monkey and a froggy on it. Silly bear.That's ok. As much as I like bear and bear likes me, we are different from each other. Maybe that's why we're such good friends. I am also different from the other babies at day care, and my canine sister, Zadie. I am surely different than either Mama or Papa. But again, that's OK. I am Zeke. I am baby and I am happy.
It has been a hard week, being sick for most of it, but I think I can feel the beginning of the end. I am holding down my food, unlike while I was at daycare on Friday, and my appetite has returned. I should eat extra to make up for lost time. Mama is currently weaning me off breastmilk. It has been almost six months. Commendable and recommended as a minimum for building a strong immune system. I will miss it when I am totally weaned, but I know Mama still loves me. Maybe Mama will miss it too.
2 comments:
What a beautiful, beautiful boy, Zeke is. I love him in red and now I love him in white. I guess I'd love him in just about anything 'cause he's so precious. He and bear have become good friends, it seems. They've been together from the beginning. If Mama is as sentimental as Grandma, she'll hide him away and take him out when Zeke is grown and one day show his children the little bear that was his friend. Maybe blue dog will survive 'till then, too.
Give Zeke hugs and kisses from Pop-Pop and GrannyM.
Thank you for the kind comments GrannyM. Sorry that there haven't been any updates this week. I've been sick and out of sorts. Hopefully I'll have some new photographs over the weekend.
Post a Comment