Sunday, August 19, 2007

Come on in

Saturday was hot again. To beat the heat, Mama suggested that we go down to Santana Row in San Jose to cool off. She knew there was a small fountain there with a grassy area nearby - perfect for us to find some lunch and take a dip.

I find the trouble with most parents is they are less lenient about letting their kids into the water. Try as I might, most of the other kids were only allowed to put their feet in the cool water. Come on in, the water's fine. I get to sit in it, and crawl around until my heart's content. There were even river rocks in this fountain to shuffle about. This is exactly what happened the other weekend at Happy Hollow. Grown-ups seem to misunderstand the need for small boys to be wet. I'd bet they'd enjoy it. Secretly I know they were envious.

No comments: