Monday, May 11, 2009

What's in the field of green?

Huh? Don't bother me, I am picking strawberries. There were fields and fields of them at Underwood Farms. Different species too. We had to walk down the long rows and find only the biggest and reddest of them (they were the sweetest, most perfect ones). I know I tried them myself. Over and over again. Strawberries are my favorite.

The best thing about fresh picked strawberries is their texture. Even the very sweet ones are still somewhat crisp. So yummy and so plentiful. After the hay ride and strawberry picking we were allowed to see all of the resident farm animals: donkeys, horses, goats, geese, peacocks and peahens, cows, pigs were all represented. I liked them all, even though some were stinky.

I am not absolutely sure, but I think this picture is of the biggest berry I found. It didn't make it back home because it was eaten promptly in the field.

No comments: