Periodically Papa takes a picture of me playing with my buddy, bear. He's been a good old friend and a nice touchstone to gauge my progress. You see, bear is kind of magical - he doesn't age like I do. Never eats anything, never needs diapers, just hangs out with me whenever I am lonely. Sometimes he gets a little dirty, perhaps some milk or slobber gets on his fur. But Mama gives him a bath and he comes back cleaner than ever. Clever bear.The thing is, unlike bear, I am growing. You can see the progression from about one month (07-Oct), to two months (19-Nov), and today's picture at about four months. I wonder if all small boys have bears to hang out with. I hope they do; that would be a good World.
Off to bed, I am starting day care tomorrow.
4 comments:
Great picture,
Smart camera to have figured out the exposure just right.
Misha
Hi Mish,
Yes, smart camera. I've been playing with the exposure settings on the D70. Been less than happy with the indoor photography with the pop-up flash. But realized the ISO equivalent of the camera can be set quite high. This photo was taken without flash, sidelit with morning light through the living room window, and hand held. I may have changed the color settings to 'vivid' as well.
That said, it really is a smart camera.
I too have been disappointed with the pop-up other than used as a fill flash for bright outdoor situations. If you use your f 1.8 and increaes the ISO equivalent you can take very good indoor pictures without additonal light sources. Otherwise, I like bouncing the SB600 off of walls or ceilings.
Good tip on using the fast lens. I find that I rely too much on 18-70mm that came with the camera. Fine lens as it is, but I should use the other lenses too. A SB600 and tripod would make a world of difference for indoor shots.
Post a Comment