Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Day care blues

This is my first time at day care with my new caregiver, Candace. Where is Mama? Where is Papa? Why are you leaving me here? Who are these people and where am I? I don't recognize any of this. Hmmm. Did I do something wrong? I better behave myself, I'm not sure I am going to like this.

No worries though. I could tell my parents were sad, but I think I am going to enjoy this. There are lots of other people my size here. There are new toys to play with. They feed me regularly, and the sole menu item is still Mama's milk. I even get diaper checks every hour which are carefully documented as dry, wet, or BM.

After my first day, Candace commented, "Zeke had a great day! He is one of the most happiest babies I've ever met." Shama, the afternoon caregiver agreed, "he was very good boy, didn't cry all day, very unusual." I was glad to go home though. Mama and Papa missed me, they said so. I guess I missed them too.

I am wiped out; day care is exhausting. Nap time for me after a nice bath and warm snack. Night-night.

2 comments:

zekesgrannym said...

Granny M says. "waaaaaaaaaa"!
Granny M is jealous!

Who is that holding our Little Prince? That is NOT a happy face on Zeke. Perhaps he is just exhausted from a day of play with the other babies. I'm sure he is happy when he returns home to his Mama, Papa, Brown Dog and Bear.

Tell Zeke I will send him some kisses so he can take one out of his back pack when he gets lonely.

LOve, GrannyM

Shanti said...

Hi Stormy,

The woman holding Zeke is Candace. She is the third generation provider at the day care center. Babe is the grandmother who started the service, her daughter Tammy joined her in the business and Tammy's daughter Candace followed suit. I like that.

I am jealous too, Candace probably spends more time with Zeke than Ali and me combined for any given workday. That's worth howling about.

I actually not sure if Zeke enjoys/dislikes the new arrangement. Time will tell. We'll just have to keep loving him as much as we can.