I am not a year old yet, but 2005 has come and gone. According to the Chinese zodiac calendar, I was born in the year of the rooster. Cockle-doodle-doo! Mama and Papa were both born under the sign of the monkey. Eee-eee! 2006 is the year of the dog. Woof-woof. One must be careful though, the Gregorian calendar doesn't align with the Chinese lunar calendar. The Chinese new year begins closer to the end of the month, on the 29th - so maybe I was a bit premature in wishing a happy new year. Either way, 2005 was a year to remember and 2006 will undoubtedly bring many new adventures. I can hardly wait.p.s. I am not really hiding behind my blanket, I am secretly sucking on it because it feels nice.
2 comments:
Tell my little Rooster Boy that his GrannyM is a Monkey, too and Pop-Pop is a Rabbit! What a menagerie! I imagine, since he has proven to be a well behaved partygoer, that he will also look forward to celebrating Chinese New Year with mama and papa monkey at a nice restaurant (or a homecooked meal with decorations and appropriate music, too.)
I love the picture with the blanket. He is becoming more handsome every day. Hugs and Kisses from GrannyM .
Hi Stormy,
I hope Zeke gets along with all the family simians; rooster-monkey relationships are usually described as tenuous at best.
Zeke has been acting a bit devilish lately. He's started making raspberry sounds with his tongue - and giggling about it afterwards.
Happy New Year from Montara.
Post a Comment