Remember way back, when bathing was more of a passive process? I would lay in my bath hammock in the kitchen sink and get my parts washed. It was sometimes fun, sometimes not. Well not now; bathing is always fun. Especially in the big bathtub with either Mama or Papa. I like the anticipation - getting in the cool white tub, pretending to know how to run the faucet, and the feeling of warm water from the duck.Mama has taught me how to say bubbles, the fleetingly transient and transparent balls that she blows. She has also shown me the letters of the alphabet in their colorful and foamy state. I like to play with my tugboats from auntie Pattie. Just ask me how much I like to splash the water out of the tub. I tolerate getting my hair washed and figure it's a small price to pay for the rewards of bathing.
It's a long weekend to honor the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. Enjoy it, I know I will.
2 comments:
Shanti-
You really took some great shots there! I love the clarity of the running water and bubbles. Of course, the little naked boy with the crew cut is the cutest of all. There's no such thing as a bad picture of Zeke! He sure is in "tubby" heaven!
Hi Stormy,
Thanks for the kind comments. I have been wanting to take some pictures in the tub for a while, but it is hard to remember beforehand to grab the camera. Once he's in the tub, I don't feel comfortable leaving the room.
If you look closely at the tub floor in the picture where he's squatting, you'll see why he's laughing.
How did the other pictures for your computer desktop background work out?
Post a Comment