Sunday, January 21, 2007

Football playoff history

Congratulations to the Chicago Bears and the Indianapolis Colts for winning their respective conference playoff games this weekend.

Congratulations too to Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy, the two head coaches for guiding their teams to victory. What makes this event notable is they are the first African-American head coaches in the history of the NFL to make it to the Superbowl. Not one, but both of them - and they are longtime friends with the utmost respect for each other. That's cool. That's also why I am doing my best to impersonate the big linemen on the field. I am down in my stance getting ready to tackle someone, maybe Zadie dog if she isn't careful. I may not have the intensity of Brian Urlacher, but I am surely cuter than him. See you on the 4th of February for the big game.

No comments: