Sunday, April 15, 2007

It's official

I am a boy, therefore I adore Thomas the Tank Engine. He is pretty much ubiquitous these days if there is a small boy like me in your house. Thomas comes with the territory; I've had a Thomas ride-on toy since I was very young, and a couple of the small wooden trains from my cousin Toshi. This particular engine is from Kem and Uncle Misha from their last visit. It has some bottom sensors so it can follow a water trail that is drawn on a special canvas mat. Sort of like a free-form track set. It plays the same saloon music as the ride-on train, but I like it just for pushing around on the ottoman.

Papa says he didn't have Thomas when he was a kid. Grandpa Tetsu has a big train set that I saw when I visited them at Christmas. I think all small boys must like trains - maybe dadas and grandpas too.

p.s. New vocabulary: fish, shoes, socks, num-num (meaning I'm hungry), more (meaning I'm still hungry), apple, eyes, and hat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Zeke likes Thomas the Train because we have many trains and a village, including Thomas. We also watch Thomas and Friends on PBS Sprout, as well as Caillou and Jay Jay the Jet Plane. I know Zeke will have fun at Grandma's when he comes next week. The Santa Batbara Zoo also has a real "little" train that we can ride on.. He certainly has been exploding with his language lately and I can't wait to hear him say "Gwama"(although it will be a while, I guess).

Yea!!! Zeke is coming to visit!!

Shanti said...

I am sure that there will always be amusing toys for the boy. Right now, Thomas, any ball, and any large and heavy foodstuff seems to attract Zeke. Yesterday he emptied out our microwave cart; a half-gallon container of vegetable oil, a quart of peanut oil, the large box of Bisquick, Mac n' Cheese and Rice-a-Roni were all proudly displayed on our couch.

Have a great time next week with the boy, take lots of pictures.