
Sometimes a plan just comes together. I didn't get to see Papa much on Saturday because he left the house before I even woke up. He said he arrived at Pillar Point Harbor before sunrise; it was still dark o'clock when he snapped the first picture of the calm, glassy water. Funny how he can get up so early on the weekend.
There was reason for the morning madness. He was meeting his friend John and some of his buddies for a try at salmon. The salmon are typically pretty far away at this time of year, North of the Golden Gate Bridge near Duxbury reef. It is a good 2-hour boat ride up depending on the ocean conditions.
The plan came together with three fish, two which measured about 39" and 27 lbs each and one other in the high teens. Lucky for the boat, because it seems many other boats had none.


John's fish is longer and heavier than his daughter Skye, which is pretty funny. Papa is happy to have caught one King this year. He likes to eat them, this one should last a while. Someday when I am bigger, I'll get to go with him and catch one too.
4 comments:
Oh Geeze!
That's a horse of a fish....
Both the fish and the photo of the boats at sunrise are S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R!!!
I know it will be a happy day when both Father & Son (and maybe Mama, too?) can motor out to sea to catch the BIG fishies!!
Ru, Justin, my brother Soongho(Sam), his older son (Jingeun) and my brother's friend also went for fishing last Sunday. They caught enough "bluefish" for the day.
Oh, boy.. your fish is big.
Emm.... It looks sooooo delicious!!!
-Soomi
Hi everyone, glad to hear you liked the pictures of the fish and sunrise in the harbor. I too can't wait until Zeke can go fishing with Papa. Someday soon no doubt.
Post a Comment