Sunday, January 06, 2008

New helmet, new bike and a puddle

Mommy got me a cool new bike helmet today because I've outgrown my old bumble-bee one from a while ago. Santa also brought me a bike because I was a very good boy this year. The Northern California weather created a big puddle in front of our house, but then the sun broke through. What a perfect confluence of goodness for me!

This bike is a "balance bike" and is called the Skuut. It is a cheaper knock off of the German-made LIKEaBIKE. It is made out of laminated plywood and thus lightweight, but the main features are; no pedals, chain or gears, no spokes to catch my hands or feet, and limited steering angles so I can't jackknife the entire affair. It has two wheels and a handlebar so it does teach me to balance and steer. Eventually when I graduate to a pedal bike, I should be able to skip training wheels altogether. The astute viewers will also notice the labeling is upside-down on the main body of the bike. That's because my legs are too short to have it the right-side up. The head tube angle is a little slack now, but eventually I'll get tall enough to switch it back. Catch me if you can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew Zeke would make peace with his new bike evenbtually. He looks like a real "pro" with his new helmet!

Love, GrannyM