
Sometimes when Mama goes to sleep, Papa stays up with me. We are supposed to have a big bottle of milk, a nice burp, a clean diaper, and then it's back to bed. Sometimes we stay up just a little longer, catch the eleven o'clock news and maybe even Jay Leno. Papa is back at work this week, which is sad because we used to spend
every day,
all day together. Now he gets up in the morning and I don't see him until he comes home - at least 5 feedings later. That's a long time for a newborn baby. Don't get me wrong, Mama is handling her role as sole caregiver with astonishing and admirable ease. It's just the family feels a bit fractured when everyone isn't home. That's why I stay up late with Papa - to let him know I miss him.
No comments:
Post a Comment