Monday, October 24, 2005

Tummy time

Although it is suggested young babies not sleep on their stomachs due to a higher incidence of SIDS, short periods of tummy time are encouraged for muscle development. I am playing in my activity center here, on a green patchwork pickle. Suspended above my head is a strangely colored chicken which I like to swat because it activates motion-sensitive blinky lights and classical music. When the music stops, I swat the bird again - more lights and more music. It's fun for about 15 minutes, after which I let my parents know it is time to do something else. To this end, they have set up a circuit gym in the living room. A swing (also with lights and music), a vibrating chair, and the playmat complete the circuit. It's enough to make a baby exhausted. Hey, do you think it's intentional?

1 comment:

zekesgrannym said...

OK, now Zeke REALLY does look just like ALI as a baby. I'll have to scan in one of the pictures from her baby book to show you. Seems like he has a fabulous training team and entertainment committee all rolled into 2 special parents. I hope this BLOG can be saved to CD so he can enjoy it when he's older. I can't wait to see him again!

Love, Grandma