Monday, December 12, 2005

Three months already

This past week I turned three months old. A quarter of a year! Hard to believe. Mama and Papa still marvel about how they are Parents. I hear them. They shouldn't be so concerned, they are both doing just fine.

Notable changes - Mama and Papa measured me for length, but it seems my height has not changed since the two month update. Personally, I think it's due to measurement error. On the other hand, Mama had a girlfriend weigh me with an accurate scale - since our kitchen scale is now woefully underrated. I am definitely over 15lbs. Considering that I started at 7lbs 6oz just a few short months ago, that's better than a 100% return on investment. No solid food yet, but I've been watching Papa eat his cereal in the morning. Mmmmmm.

I am also improving my manual dexterity. Still haven't worked out sucking my thumb, but the backs of my hands are close enough. I can tightly grasp objects like my washcloth or burp towel. I also like to pet my stuffed animals or pretend that I am hiding something in between my hands. TeeHee.

2 comments:

zekesgrannym said...

Every time I see that little guy, I just want to jump through the computer and grab him!!! He's getting so filled out in the face and more beautiful every day. I bet he's respondimg to you now even more with smiles and gestures. As much as you look forward to all of his growth, you will be a little sad (like all parents)when these precious early months are gone and he shows more independence. Enjoy each moment and each day with him because he is such a special gift from God to all of us.

Love, GrannyM

Shanti said...

Thanks for the kind words GrannyM. He astonishes us every day with his changes. He's been very vocal this week, not upset chirping, but small soliloqies about his world.