Sunday, August 13, 2006

Crawling is freedom

Much to my parents' dismay, this week I've realized crawling is freedom. Not only is it the obvious one of getting to where I want, but also it is getting away from where I do not want to be. That's freedom. Remember when you were fifteen and received your driver's permit? You were not allowed to drive with friends, or drive after dark, but what a sense of autonomy. Crawling is like that for me.

Although I am not as accomplished or 'smooth' as some of my friends at daycare, I definitely have my own crawling style. As you can clearly see in this picture, I am using my left leg much like one would expect, the right one is being used as a long lever. No knee involved. Sure I could crawl in the traditional manner, but why be conformist? See you later.

2 comments:

zekesgrannym said...

Get out the child safety gates- there's a small rascal on the loose!! Zeke has mischief in his eyes and his little back rudder set to propel him where he's determined to go. Be glad you don't have stairs in that house-although he'll have fun climbing Grandma and Pop-Pop's stairs when he comes to visit us in Westlake. We'll be ready for him. We're expert babysitters by now.

Shanti said...

You are quite correct in that Zeke's newfound freedom is so liberating. It's like a jailbreak. He has been couped up so long in a stationary mode, that when the 'walls' were lifted he made a run for it. I think I see more of his butt than his face these days. Haha.

Love, Papa