Sunday, November 19, 2006

Evening walks and warm coats

Unlike last week, sometimes we don't get to go to the playground until later in the day. Today's weather was strange, it was like when we used to live in Montara. There was a misty haze when we woke up and it stayed around all day. Zadie dog and I needed to get outside, so off to the school playground we went just before five o'clock in the evening. The school was busy at that hour; lots of other families, some dog owners with their pets out for a walk, and a boys soccer practice in session.

I got to play with the wood chips on the ground. I like to stack chips atop the red pedestals like I am making a pizza. I think the older kids like to move from pedestal to pedestal without falling off into the 'lava.' Someday, when I can walk and jump, I'll play the lava game too. Today I am making pizza.

It was cool outside so I needed to put on a warm coat. Sometimes my parents find clothes in the closet that they think are still too big because of the size on the label, but actually wind up fitting me now. The clothes marked for 18-months fit currently, but who knows about tomorrow.

Some new vocabulary this week. "Da" definitely gets Papa's attention, but "Da" can also mean a lot of other things - like Mama. I can say "uh-oh," "ball," and "poo-poo" in the correct context. Mama thought I said "football" tonight, but Papa thinks she is just projecting her love for the Denver Broncos.

No comments: