I have a story on my bookshelf that was given to me by Mama's best friend Tracie. It is entitled, Wishes for You by Tobi Tobias and illustrated by Henri Sorensen. Sometimes Mama or Papa will read it to me because I can't read words.The reason I mention this book is because it is a simple collection of warm thoughts for small people like me. Those thoughts let us know that our parents love us deeply. For example one page says, "I hope you will have moments when you're so happy, you'll feel the Sun is shining from within you." I wouldn't have thought the simple sentences or illustrations would have much impact, but they do. Both my parents get a little sad when they read it to me. But I think they are sad in a good way. It is almost like they are sad because they love me too much. I wish I could let them know I love them just as much.
2 comments:
I think the sun IS shining from within Zeke, because he is so sweet and beautiful! I'm sure he feels your love every day. Wait until he throws his arms around you and gives kisses on demand. You'll MELT!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are so easily amused. Everything Zeke does goes noticed and commented upon. But you can't really say that we're different than any other parents.
Thanksgiving is soon and we are looking forward to the trip to Southern California.
Post a Comment