Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

We all drove down to Southern California over the holiday to celebrate Thanksgiving with Mama's family. I have made the drive before, but somehow it seemed to take longer this time. Maybe it was in anticipation of seeing my cousin Jacob. Remember? He was my partner in a monkey suit at Halloween. In the first picture, Jacob is the one trying to escape the grasp of Pop-pop Bob. You of course know GrannyM who is watching lovingly over her grandchildren. We enjoyed a huge meal hosted by Patti and John in Ventura. Thanks for all of the yummy treats!

One doesn't know how exciting stairways can be unless you have access to them. In both of the houses where I have lived (and both daycare centers too), there are no such entertainment devices. GrannyM has a good one. It has two landings, bends around two corners, and is carpeted all the way up. I made sure to go up and down as many times as I was allowed because stairs are good for infants like me.

In the last picture, Papa is taking a photograph of me in the mirror. He's always taking photographs just like his father. I think he takes them because he wants to preserve the myriad developmental stages of my life. Or maybe he takes them because he likes to look at them whenever he misses me. Da, da, da.

2 comments:

zekesgrannym said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful pictures, Shanti, and for making the trip down to Westlake Vlg. for the holiday. Seeing Zeke was soooo good (keeping him here would have been better)!! Grandmas & Grandpas do miss the little ones, especially when they grow and change so fast. I do appreciate the memories that you have preserved for all of us on ZEKE'S BLOG. I knew that he would enjoy the stairs and he proved that he could master a new task in a short time. I'll always remember his jubilant smile when he came down the slide in the park! Tell him that the slide ... and the stairs.....and the toys.... will be here the next time he comes down to visit (maybe next summer to swim in the pool)!!!

HUGS AND KISSES from Grandma and Grandpa Keller

Shanti said...

You are welcome for the pictures Stormy. I appreciate all of the positive feedback that I get from posting them here on the blog. A CD with the recent pictures will be in the mail shortly.

We are grateful for the time we spend down in Southern California. Thank you for the hospitality and good food whenever we are there.

Zeke does love the stairs and slide, I am sure that we'll be finding more around here for him to enjoy.

Love,
Shanti