Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

I've been training for this day. I've picked up some rice-filled eggs earlier, and plucked some oranges from the backyard, but today I had a real Easter egg hunt. Mama and Papa dyed some hard-boiled eggs. They also filled my plastic eggs with one of my favorite things to eat - wheat bread. They hid the eggs around the backyard and I found them for my basket. I can't wait to go inside to eat my treats.

Mama also made a 'meat rabbit' for dinner. She felt that it would be unfair if I couldn't eat a pair of chocolate rabbit ears, so in substitution she created a rabbit-shaped meatloaf. I got to eat part of the ears for my supper. Easter is a pretty good holiday.

2 comments:

zekesgrannym said...

It look slike the whole family had a wonderful day in the back yard. Plastic eggs with bread is a treat only Zeke could appreciate--and I bet he did. I can't wait to see pictures of the "meat" bunny and Zeke gobbling down some ears.

No more holidays for a while now. Can't wait to see what treat Zeke's Mama will cook up for the next holiday!

Love, GrannyM

Shanti said...

Hi GrannyM,

Zeke certainly enjoyed finding the eggs in the backyard. I think next year we'll have to hide them better - he's quite the good hunter.

Ali did take some pictures of her "meat rabbit" for everyone to see.