Hi everyone, I just wanted to drop a line to let you know I had a great Christmas vacation in Southern California. We spent a week with Gramma and Pop-pop in Westlake Village. We also got to visit Mommy's college girlfriend along with her family in Manhattan Beach. And my cousin Jacob three times! He lives with his family up in Ventura, just a short drive away.Daddy also got to see his friend Joe from Roche days. Daddy was actually in Thousand Oaks for a job interview with Amgen (where Joe currently works) the week prior to Christmas, so it was ironic we were here again on family vacation. Small world for those drug discovery scientists.
As for Christmas, we set out a plate of cookies and a small milk for Santa. We didn't have any carrots so we substituted celery for the reindeer. Both Santa and his team must have been hungry, because it was all gone in the morning. Further evidence of their visit was the mountain of presents under the tree (I must've been a very good boy all year long). [Thank you everyone for the generous gifts.]
Pop-pop also got a surprise 70th birthday party. His daughter even made the trip out from Tennessee for the gathering. Jacob's Mommy and Daddy hosted the party with yummy food and a big cake. I hope we can see them again soon.
We are back in Northern California and Daddy promises to post more pictures of the trip. Happy 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment