Sunday, January 18, 2009

Just another January day in California

Yes, it is 70 degrees outside again. It has been this way for about a week and is expected to extend a few more days. Sorry to the readers in the less temperate areas of the country (and Canada too). We've been taking advantage of the high pressure weather system and spending lots of time outside (Yay for the long weekend too). We went down to Shoreline park alongside the bay to burn some calories on the bike and see some of the wetland birdies. I saw a great blue heron, snowy egrets, white pelicans, Canadian geese, sandpipers, yellow-eyed ducks, avocets and the usual mallards and seagulls. We are fortunate to live so close by to this wetland resource.

I'm still riding my balance bike, but getting so fast Daddy has to wear in-line skates to keep up. He also had to raise my seat another inch so I wouldn't drag my toes on the pavement and wear out my shoes.

I had my jacket on in the picture because it was still cool in the morning, by the time we were finishing the ride I was only in a t-shirt. Anyway, it sure beats shoveling snow or defrosting car windows (like I would know).

Congratulations to Barack Obama! The president-elect will take office this Tuesday. He will be the 44th president of the United States and the first African-American man to do so. Congrats to the young senator from Illinois, we just know "change has come to America".

No comments: